domingo, 15 de maio de 2011

Well, I'm Miss Chatty today, I guess the blogging bug is back with a vengance!
Yesterday I spent the night watching The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain. I haven't watched it for years, yet it is one of my favorite movies of all times.

It's like it was based on my life, on my thoughts. Is it a girl thing or is it just me? Her schemes, the way she keeps imagining in her mind how she wishes a certain situation to unfold, how she day dreams and how she feels responsible for making the World a better place and to make everybody happy and solve all their problems. How resourceful and creative she is for others and, at the same time, quite reserved and protected when it comes to her life and feelings.

It reminded me of how it's not like me to feel defeated and scared by what lies ahead. I am a dreamer, I can't help it and I have been basically wasting my time, all the free time I have now and that I had been waiting for so long to have, being scared instead of using that time to do things that make me feel happy, to be with people I haven't been with due to my work schedules, to be up until morning if I wish to, you get the picture...

So thank you Amelie, I'll try to keep that in mind! How I really love that movie.. :)

P.S. - Oh and the cat, let's not forget her lovely cat :)

Bem, hoje estou tão faladora. Parece que o bichinho do blog voltou e de que maneira!
Ontem passei a noite a ver a Amelie Poulain. Já não via este filme há anos, e no entanto é um dos meus filmes favoritos.


É como se fosse baseado na minha vida, nos meus pensamentos. Será que todas as raparigas são assim ou é só comigo? Os esquemas dela, a maneira como ela está sempre a fazer filmes na sua cabeça de como uma determinada situação se vai desenrolar, como ela sonha acordada e como ela se sente responsável por tornar o Mundo num lugar melhor e por fazer toda a gente feliz e resolver todos os seus problemas. Quão despachada e criativa ela é pelos outros mas, ao mesmo tempo, muito reservada e protegida na sua própria vida.


Fez-me lembrar que não é do meu feitio sentir-me derrotada e assustada pelo que se segue. Sou uma sonhadora, não consigo evitá-lo e tenho andado a desperdiçar o meu tempo, todo este tempo livre pelo qual esperei tanto, estando assustada em vez de usar esse tempo para fazer coisas que me fazem feliz, para estar com pessoas com quem ão tenho estado devido ao meu trabalho, ficar acordada até de manhã, percebem a ideia...


Muito obrigada Amelie, vou tentar não me esquecer disso! Adoro mesmo este filme... :) 

P.S - E o gato, não esqueçamos o lindo gato dela :)

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário