sábado, 12 de fevereiro de 2011

WIP: Animals behind the Wheel Baby Quilt

Hello.


I finally managed to photograph the projects I've been working on. It was like 23:45, so the lighting is kind of bad. Sorry about that...
I think I've shown you some pictures of this baby quilt before. Well actually I've shown you the first version, before I decide to toss than one aside and start fresh. I love the way it looks, it's actually the second time I've even free-motion quilted just about anything and I still get very very nervous.

Once I finished the piecing I decided it would look amazing stippled, really crinkly and soft. I tried it and gave up, than I decided to straight quilt it with my walking foot. Again, didn't like it...
By that time I was thinking I was never going to finish this quilt since it was the second time I had tried to do it and I was on my third try at quilting it! Then I just decided to go back to the original plan, only this time I would do it with white thread, which I dreaded to try, because every fault would show on the red backing.

I think it turned out great. It just looks really snuggly and comfortable. I love it! I love the fabric, thank you Mr. Ikea! :)
Oh yeah, here are the pictures!

 Olá.



Finalmente consegui fotografar os projectos que tenho estado a trabalhar. Eram umas 23.45, portanto a luz é má, lamento…

Acho que já vos mostrei algumas fotos deste quilt de bebé antes. Bem, na verdade mostrei a primeira versão, antes de ter decidido colocá-la de lado e começar de novo. Adoro o aspecto dela, é a segunda vez que uso free-motion quilting e ainda fico muito muito nervosa.

Quando acabei de coser as várias partes, decidi que ficaria bem assim, muito encarquilhada e suave. Tentei e desisti, depois decidi que iria usar linhas direitas e usei o walking foot. Novamente, não gostei…

Por essa altura pensei que nunca acabaria este quilt, já que era a segunda ver que a tentei fazer e estava já na 3ª tentativa para fazer o quilting! Então decidi voltar ao plano original, mas desta vez usei fio branco, que temia tentar, porque todos os deeitos se notariam na parte de trás com tecido vermelho.


Acho que ficou óptimo. Parece realmente confortável e aconchegante. Adoro! E adoro o tecido, obrigada Sr. Ikea! :)
Ok, aqui estão as fotos!



Originally I was going to do the squares, with the blue and the green fabric to frame the pictures of the driving animals. Then I thought it would look better to just do white stripes all around them (yes, I know there's a better expression for this, but I forget). The white wasn't doing it for me, because the fabric with the animals isn't really white. Then I decided, since the fabric has a lot of plain fabric, without the animals, I could just use that, but then I realized I was wasting so much fabric, and how great would it be to just cut stripes from the fabric, regardless of it being plain or with pictures, that way it would make it much more unique and not wasteful at all! And there you have it...

Originalmente, ia apenas fazer os quadrados emoldurados com o tecido azul e verde. Depois pensei que ficaria melhor com uma moldura branca em volta. O branco não estava a funcionar, porque o tecido com os animais não é branco. Então decidi, uma vez que o tecido original tinha imenso tecido liso, sem animais, que poderia usar esse tecido, mas depois percebi que criaria muito desperdício, e que se calhar ficaria bem se cortasse apenas tiras desse tecido, independentemente de ser liso ou com bonecos, assim ficaria muito mais original e sem desperdício! E aqui está ela…



All I'm missing now is the binding, which I already have prepared (wops, didn't take that pic), it's from my favorite white and red fabric, so it should connect the front and the back just perfectly.

Also, I expect to finish the pillow for the Sew Mama Sew Contest by today, so wish me luck! :)


Tudo o que me falta agora é o binding, que já tenho preparado (wops, não tirei essa foto), é do meu tecido favorito em branco e vermelho, por isso deve unir perfeitamente a parte da frente com a parte de trás.


Para além deste projecto, espero terminar a almofada para o Concurso da Sew Mama Sew, por isso desejem-me sorte!



0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário