segunda-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2010

WIP: The Last of the Christmas Twinlke Collection (And this time I mean it!)

Hello.

Hope you had a great weekend! Mine was busy as usual, but I managed some sewing at some very late hours.
This quilt was a very last minute addition to my plans. I had practically no Christmas fabric left, thank goodness for scraps, but the size of them I quickly understood it would look completely different from the others. This is what I came up with:
I felt too tired to press it yesterday, so I'll be doing that today, I've never repeated the same fabric like this before, but I do think it looks good, I must admit I was afraid it would look boring. I guess from what I've been doing lately, you can say I'm in a blue/red phase :) I just love the combination.

I getting these wild ideas for the binding, to just zap some color into it, I'll be trying that today.


Here you can see the detail of the 12 Days of Christmas fabric. I just cut it into strips, with no particular length in mind, and then just sew it back together. The solids are Ikea. The blue fabric is Freespirit and the red one with the polka dots I'm not sure.

Next stop, Quilt sandwich. Yammi! :)

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário