segunda-feira, 22 de novembro de 2010

A brand new Christmas Twinkle

Sunday was my day off and I made sure it was free to make peace with my lovely sewing machine. And I must say we really made up for lost time!
As you might remember, I had a quilt sandwich ready for quilting. It is now quilted and now has an almost finished binding.
 I decided to do some straight line quilting, as I had never tried my walking foot before and was quite pleased with it. I quilted close to the ditch and it made for a nice squared back.

Regarding the binding I decided to go big with the colors and chose this lovely orange flowery fabric. It will be the first time I use patterned fabric for the binding and I must say I am very pleased with the results.
I managed to machine sew the binding to the quilt yesterday, but I also chose to finish it by hand, I prefer the clean look of a hand sewn binding.
Of course this part of the process might have been faster if this didn't keep hapening:

I guess cats really do love quilts! But I also think there was an element of "You've neglected me long enough. Stop paying attention to this thing and look at me please" going on. And so I did, of course... :)

Today I should finish this quilt, I've already bound most of it. I think It's looking great!
This is also the last quilt I'll be making with this backing, I can't wait to try the new one out, I hope i'll be as pleased as I have been with this one.
Also, I don't know if this happens to you but I think with every quilt I finish I learn something new and I'm always really regreteful that I can't take the previous ones back and redo them in order to make them look better with the knowledge I now have. Does that make sense?

I think you could probably put them all next to each other and notice the evolution from one to the other, which makes me real nervous, as I wished they would all be just perfect!

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário