quinta-feira, 22 de julho de 2010

My first project

Before starting this journey I had a lot to learn. I had no idea how to do this, no idea what the different procedures were called, even the difference between quilting and patchwork!



Fortunately we now have the internet. Also we have Youtube, and let me tell you THANK GOD for youtube. So many incredible people have taken their time to make videos for newbies like me to learn how to do it.



My first project was a patchwork table cloth for my kitchen. I have a particularly difficult table to fit, because it's actually part of a stone counter, so part of it is actually linked to the kitchen furniture. Anyways, I had bought a few fat quarters in london, nothing fancy. And so my journey began.



Must admit it was hard, my squares did not match. I had heard of some patchworkers and quilters who use templates that they cut out of paper for each piece, but I also saw a lot of people who didn't do it and lets face it, it's hard work! So I decided against it and ended up with a lot of different sized squares. This was the result.

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário