terça-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2012

Finished Project: Baby quilt for Zoe ::: Projecto terminado: Baby quilt para o Zoe

Hello.

I've been trying to finish this quilt for some time now but lack of time and inspiration kept me from getting there.
It was supposed to be inspired by this one, except the name had to be inside a blue star and the lettering had to be in blue as well.


Olá.
Tenho tentado acabar este quilt há algum tempo, mas devido a falta de tempo e inspiraçao, demorei a chegar lá.
Era suposto ser inspirado por esta, excepto que o nome tinha que esta numa estrela azul, com as letras a azul também.

Challenges: I don't do the same quilt twice, even if I wanted to, I don't have most of these fabrics anymore. Also the stars, apliqueeing all those sharp corners.

This was my first attempt at the top:

Desafios: Nunca faço o mesmo quilt duas vezes, e mesmo que quisesse, já não tenho a maioria destes tecidos. E as estrelas, aplicar todas aquelas esquinas.
Esta foi a minha primeira tentatica do topo:

It was the first time I tried a straight pattern, usually I just throw them randomly and see how it looks, I was kind of nervous about that. Also, the start did not pop at all with this design. So I had to try again and it worked SO MUCH better! May I present to you, the final version of Zoe's quilt :) :

Foi a primeira vez que usei um padrão, normalmente atiro os quadrados aleatoriamente e depois vejo como fica. Estava um bocado nervosa com isso. E ao mesmo tempo a estrela não se destacava com este design. Por isso tive que tentar novamente e funcionou MUITO melhor! Apresento-vos a versão final do quilt do Zoe :) :
the front

the back
Straight lined quilting, wonky stars, apliquéed stars and lettering, in all it's glory :) I hope he likes it...

Quiltado com linhas direitas, estrelas torcidas, estrelas e letras aplicadas, em toda a sua glória :) espero que ele goste...

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário