terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2011

Almost there! :: Quase lá!

Hello.

Today was the day I got the courage and the time to free motion quilt! I can see definite improvements, the more I quilt the better it looks, but I still struggle with the lack of consistency, it's like I lose my focus all of a sudden and it clearly shows, so I have to start over...

I've also already sewn the binding on, so this is what the quilt is looking like:

Olá.



Hoje foi o dia que ganhei coragem e tempo para quiltar com free motion. Noto melhorias cada vez que uso esta técnica, mas ainda tenho alguns problemas em conseguir manter-me consistente com o que faço. às vezes parece que me distraio e isso nota-se claramente no resultado. Depois tenho que desfazer e começar de novo.

Também já cosi o binding, e aqui têm o resultado:

Right now it's looking a bit to green for the intended goal, but once I finish the binding it will look better as it will be half of what it is right now.

In the meantime, today is turning out to be a big day! I always love this particular day, because of the summer solstice, but today I actually got myself a job! hehehe. While trying to decide what it is to do with my life, I've taken a part-time job at Ikea... at the textile department. How perfect is that??? I think I'm going to love it there, particularly since you already know how big of an Ikea fan I am! I'll just have to control the urge to buy Ikea fabric every day. Should be easy right?

Neste momento parece um bocadinho esverdeada em comparação com o resultado desejado, mas quando acabar de coser o binding vai ficar melhor, visto que ficará com metade da largura actual.

Entretanto hoje está a ser um dia em grande! Gosto muito deste dia por causa do Solsticio de Verão, mas hoje também consegui um emprego! hehehe. Enquanto decido o que quero fazer da vida, tenho um emprego part-time no Ikea... na secção de texteis. Perfeito, certo? Acho que vou adorar lá estar, até porque já sabem como sou fã do Ikea!! So tenho que conseguir controlar a vontade de comprar tecidos todos os dias. Deve ser fácil, certo?

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário