quarta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2011

THE GREAT SMS PILLOW CONTEST: Presenting the Early Morning Cheer Pillow

Early Morning Cheer Pillow for the Sew Mama Sew Great SMS Pillow Contest

I've finished it. Actually I've finished it a couple of days ago, but haven't been able to photograph it to my taste. Unfortunately the weather is only getting worse over here, so I just decided to go with what I've got.

And it was actually perfect timming. I've been meaning to do an "inspirational pillow" as I like to call it, for a while now. I wanted something I could look at first thing in the morning and last thing at night to make me focus on what I believe in important and what life is all about, since it's so easy to forget it with a hectic schedule.

Also, I am absolutely inlove with cathedral windows, I think it's an exquisite design! I've never dared to try it before this contest, and I think it looks amazing! However, I guessed that a cathedral window pillow with the usual setting (solid fabric to frame strong patterned fabric) would not allow me to appliqué the words which were the whole point of the pillow.
This, along with the fact that I wanted to use my favorite fabric proeminently on the pillow, inspired me to change things up a bit.
The appliquéd shapes, such as the heart and the flower were meant to make the red color pop a bit more, but also they are my favorite shapes.

Now, it sits on my bed everyday, since I've finished it less than a week ago and never fails to put me in a good mood, regardless of how my day is.

Here it is:




The early stages


Cathedral windows :)

Words to live by: love, trust, smile, breathe, dream and LIVE!

Turning it around

The pillow case

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário