terça-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2011

The Glamour Goddess Aprons ::: Os Aventais Glamour Goddess

I have finally managed to photograph these aprons I’ve been making since last week.

Here’s the thing. I love to cook, and I also love retro looking dresses, but can’t really wear them in my everyday’s life. Oh, and I hate most aprons, particularly those plastic ones, they are hideous! I usually go without and my clothes usually pay the price for that…

When I got my fabrics all I could think of was the best way to use a lot of them, to make them shine and stand out. Quilts are great, but usually you only get to see small portions of each fabric and these babies deserved a better premiere project.
So I immediately thought of aprons. Lovely aprons, aprons that will make you want to do something just so you can wear them. And these were born:


Finalmente consegui fotografar estes aventais que tenho vindo a fazer desde a semana passada.
A ideia é, eu adoro cozinhas, e adoro vestidos de look retro, mas não posso usá-los no me dia-a-dia. Ah, e detesto a maioria dos aventais, especialmente os plastificados, são horríveis! Normalmente não uso aventais de todo e as minhas roupas é que pagam…


Quando recebi os meus tecidos só conseguia pensar na melhor forma de os usar, de os destacar e de os fazer brilhar. Os quilts são óptimos, mas normalmente só temos pequenas porções de cada tecido e estes mereciam um projecto melhor para a sua estreia.
Imediatamente pensei em aventais. Lindos, que nos dão vontade de fazer algo apenas para os podermos usar. E estes foram criados:






I call them the Glamour Goddess Aprons, because I think every Domestic Goddess should feel Glamorous!
With these projects I've had so many firsts! The first time I made anything remotely similar to clothing! The first ruffles, the first pleats, it was just SO MUCH FUN! I may have found a new addiction…
These aprons will be listed on my Etsy Shop soon.

Dei-lhes o nome de Glamour Goddess Aprons, porque acho que cada Deusa Doméstica devia sentir-se Glamorosa!
Com estes projectos, tive imensas experiências novas! Foi a primeira vez que fiz algo sequer similar a vestuário! Os primeiros folhos, as primeiras pregas, foi TÃO DIVERTIDO! Acho que encontrei um novo vício…
Estes aventais estarão na minha loja do Etsy em breve...

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário