sexta-feira, 17 de setembro de 2010

Just a quick update...

... to let you know all three completed stages of the christmas project have been dismantled...
When I started this blog, even earlier, I suppose, when I first decided to start crafting, it was meant to help me improve myself in some way. As well as providing me with endles hours of pure joy, of course. And I figured these projects would allow me to improve two of my less charming traits: lack of patience and also, maybe due to my lack of patience, sometimes, particularly when I'm anxious to get to the result or when I'm close to finishing something, I tend to be less worried about the quality of the work and thus I have many examples of projects that I ended and as soon as I end them, I regret not being more carefull during the process. Also I truly believe the journey IS more important than the destination.
For the past couple of days I've had an opportunity to sit down and look closely at the finished results (due to the fact that I have new lovely fabrics arriving soon and can't really move on without them). I found that the work was less than perfect, even a bit sloppy. Also, I just know that when the new fabrics arrive would be very sorry I didn't get to include them. Also, in the meantime I did some research and have learned some new tips on how to cut the fabric better and how to sew the squares together in a much more perfect way. I deserve it, the project deserves it and so do all my loved ones on the receiving end of these Chrismas projects :)

So it's back to the drawing board!
On the other hand I am on vacation so I intend to get it all done much quicker this time :)

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário