terça-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2012

Sewing for a good cause

Hello.
I've told you before how passionate I am about the animal welfare cause and  how hard it is to protect animals in a country where the law sees them as lifeless objects.

I do as much as I can, though not nearly enough as I wished. In the process I've met some really incredible and dedicated people. One of those people is trying to help an elderly couple that has taken on a huge amount of both cats and dogs that don't really live as well as they should and she is determined to change that.

For a while now I've been thinking of the best way to use my sewing machine to their benefit. As everything in my life, a solution showed itself in due time. First I noticed some Ikea fabric on sale, as I work in the fabric section and as I love fabric, I tend to notice these things. Secondly, I sometimes buy sinthetic quilt batting that has a really great price and that can be really warm. So I put the two together, and this is what I got, for an incredible price, about an euro each!!!

My cats clearly aprove, Nico has been sleeping on it for hours now. I hope their new owners will agree :)

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário