terça-feira, 11 de janeiro de 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions

Just found out about this amazing Auction going on to help flood victims in Queensland.
I'll leave it up to Toni to explain it to you:

"When Jan emailed me from a flooded Queensland town, her husband was at a Town Council meeting to organise clean-up operations and she was at home thinking about ways she could help make a difference to families who had lost everything. Jan suggested making products to donate to these families, and it got me thinking that we could go one step further and raise money to donate to the Queensland Flood Relief Appeal.


Here's the plan. On Monday 17th January, I will have a master list of bloggers who will be running auctions from their blogs, selling products that they make or from their stores. You will have one week to bid on these auctions, and hopefully be the lucky winner of these great products. Auctions will be open for 1 week, and will close at midnight on Monday 24th January.

All of the money raised at these auctions will go directly to the Queensland Government Flood Relief Appeal. I feel so blessed sitting in my dry home, enjoying my peaceful surrounds and my heart goes out to those who are suffering in our own country at the moment. I feel helpless when I watch the news and see the terrible destruction and devastation that is happening on our own shores and want to do something that will help make a difference - I hope you will join with me!

So, what can you do?

If you have a blog, you might be interested in holding an auction on your blog (it is really simple to do!) I want to get things up and running as soon as possible, so if you are interested, please let me know right away and I will send you an email with more information.


You can also help by supporting the auctions and bidding. I am hoping to have a great range of fantastic bloggers and products up for auction. What better way to shop than receive great products knowing that ALL of the money you have paid is going to benefit someone in need?!

Keep checking back for more information...I'll have the QLD Flood Appeal Auctions button (see top right) linked to a page of auctions in the next few days and will continue to update the list as people sign up.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are ready to join with me in making a difference to those in need."

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário