quinta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2010

Finished!!

Hi Cyberspace, again, I know I haven't been around, but I'm finding it hard to muster the energy to come here and write to you properly.

I managed, however, to  finish my second project and make some progresses in my hexie obsession.
Here it is, in all it's glory, my mini quilt.
It's white and red on one side, and all red in the back

Sorry about the photo quality. Also for the first time, I tried using white thread for the front and red thread for the back, hoping that this way I would be able to hide my imperfections a bit better. Trust me, there were many many imperfections. But it was a very good exercise and learning experience. Also, I think it will be really usefull for those cold-sitting-on-the-sofa evenings, since it's really warm and comfy.

As you can see, my kitties totaly aprove...
Can't tell you how good it feels to finish a project. Even if it's far from perfect, ir was completely my creation and it feels really good to actualy finish a project, something I'm really not very good at... I've even managed to wash it after its conclusion and all worked out jut fine!
Don't know if you can see the detail in this particular photo, but I have different red patterns, some solid, some big polka dots, some small and uneven poka dots. Also, you can see the sort of quilting I chose, I made diagonal squares. It's my favourite patern of quilting, it makes it look realy luxurious (or as luxurious as it can look...)
So there you go, one down :) May it be the begining of many more!

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário