terça-feira, 27 de julho de 2010

Yesterday...

Was a REALLY hot day in Lisbon. It was also Grandparents's Day, so it was very busy for us.
But I still managed to be very productive regarding my crafts, I started quilting my second project (the red and white quilt) and I finaly managed to get to the patchwork store and buy some goodies. I finaly have proper needles and thread, and I bought some lovely fabrics for my collection.

Nico helping me

My loot

As far as my hexagons, I haven't really made a lot of progress, because I actually had to start all over again as I wasn't properly securing them and so I felt they would unravel when I started sewing them together. So now they are much more stable. About 65 of them :)

My lovely hexagons so far. I'm addicted!
Overall it was a great, hot, summer day! Today I hope I'll have a quiet one so I can really do the things I want to do without setbacks. How was your day cyberspace? :)

2 comentários:

  1. Hello there! I have just popped over to see how you are getting started. I have joined Texas Freckles and although I haven't got anything to blog about yet, I do feel to be addicted to those little hexies! Yours look very vibrant, I think I have too many matches - think I will have to discard some to make my collection more interesting and vibrant ..... just like yours!
    Blessings, Val

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Val! My very first comment! Melanie from Texas Freckles sure changed a lot of people's lives, mine included, she inspired me to start. I am totaly addicted to hexagons but fabric diversiy is also a huge problem for me, and I have very little resources around here, I'm actually considering cuting up old clothes ;) I have no idea how I'll combine them, right now I am more focused on them being fabrics I really like and decide what to do later. Good luck with your projects and thank you for stoping by!

    ResponderEliminar