segunda-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2011

What I've been doing lately :: O que ando a fazer

Hello!
I've just realised that it's been a while since I've posted anything sewing related. I must admit I miss quilting very much, but I have been sewing, just not quilting!
I've made 3 approns, of which I hope to have photographic evidence by tonight, if the model will cooperate ;).It was great using my brand new fabrics, they are just lovely to look at. But more on that later.

Also, there is this expression I heard last week, which for you english-speaking people is probably an oldie but for me was so inspiring! Something in the lines of "love me, love my pet". Well, I have to say this expression defines me. Me and my cats are a package deal, you want one, you'll have to love us all (obviously not in the same way, but you know what I mean).

Anyway, I decided to make some cute funny appliqués to that effect and list them on my Etsy Shop.
I have to say cutting out letters is hard, particularly small ones, I tried the freezer paper technique so I could print them and then just cut it out, but it didn't really work... I am SO thinking of getting a Accuquilt Go! but, of course, it's nowhere near arriving in Portugal, so I'd have to get it online and the shipping fees must not help. But it would save me SO MUCH TIME!! I'm really considering it, do you think I can ask it as a Birthday present? It is a big birthday right?
Well, here it is, I've listed the first one and I'll be listing the next ones over the next few hours, so you've seen it first!

Olá!
Hoje apercebi-me que já há algum tempo que não escrevo nada relativo à costura. Devo admitir que sinto saudades de quilting, tenho andado a coser, mas não é quilting!
Fiz 3 aventais, dos quais espero ter provas fotográficas hoje, se o modelo colaborar ;). Foi óptimo usar os meus novos tecidos, são lindos. Mas mais acerca disto mais tarde.


Para além disto, há uma expressão que ouvi na semana passada, que para todos os que falam inglês já deve ser antiga mas para mim inspirou-me! Algo do tipo "love me love my pet". Bem, tenho que dizer que esta expressão define-me. Eu e os meus gatos somos vimos em pack, se me querem, têm que adorar os meus gatos (bem, não da mesma maneira obviamente, mas percebem a ideia).


De qualquer das formas, decidi fazer estes apliques giros e listá-los na minha loja do Etsy. Devo dizer que cortar letras é difícil, especialmente quando são pequenas, tentei freezer paper para as poder imprimir e depois cortar, mas não funcionou... tenho TANTA vontade de comprar uma Accuquilt go! mas, claro, não existe em Portugal nem deve chegar brevemente, por isso teria q a comprar online e os custos de envio não devem ajudar. Mas poupar-me-ia TANTO TEMPO!! Estou mesmo a considerar, acham que posso pedir como presente de Aniversário? É um aniversário importante, certo?


Bem, aqui está. Listei a primeira e vou listar as restantes durante as próximas horas, portanto viram-nas em primeiro lugar!



They all have thermal adhesive in the back so you can just iron it on really, no need for sewing.  I'm keeping one for me, I'll just have to choose where to appliqué it. A T-shirt maybe? A pillow? Decisions Decisions...

Têm todos adesivo termocolante por isso basta passar a ferro, sem ter que se coser. Vou ficar com uma para mim, resta-me decidir onde as vou aplicar. Numa T-shirt? Numa almofada? Decisões difíceis...

0 Great People would like to say:

Enviar um comentário